Life can be complicated. There will be times were we need to be encouraged and there will be times when we need to encourage others. I want to share with you 30 things I told a close friend. I wrote in total 30 scriptures, prayers, quotes and encouragement down. I had each statement down on paper, folded it up and put it in a jar for her. I then told her to read one a day. If you like the idea, give a jar to a friend.
- It didn’t work because it wasn’t right. So you just have to keep trying something new until it works, then you’ll know its right.
- If you say what you feel, you’ll keep feeling that way; your words have power
- Happiness starts with you. You can’t rely on anyone for it
- Humans are fickle, they have bad days, they forget stuff, and they hurt you. But make sure you surround yourself with genuine ones, as their intentions will never be to bring you harm
- Some scars take longer to heal than others. It may take some time but keep pressing on and believing
- Don’t bottle things up! It does more harm than good
- God loves you unconditionally
- God knows exactly where you are. He is able to meet you there
- I appreciate you being in my life
- You are beautiful and you were before he said so
- ‘Above all else guard your heart’
- Keep filling your mind with the right thoughts and eventually the wrong ones will have no room.
- My Prayer for you: I pray you draw closer to God. That you are genuine about your walk with Christ. I don’t know what you’re going through but I pray God fills you with purpose, hope and joy. In His Name
- ‘If you find the godless world is hating you, remember it got its start hating me. If you lived on the world’s terms, the world would love you as one of its own. But since I picked you to live on God’s terms and no longer on the world’s terms, the world is going to hate you.’ John 15: 18-19 – Being a Christian can sometimes make you feel isolated because you are different just keep your focus on God.
- ‘Why, my soul, are you downcast? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God, for I will yet praise him, my Savior and my God.’ Psalm 42:5 – Some days you’re going to feel just plain miserable, and that’s okay. But ask yourself why, don’t just leave it there and wait till it eventually goes, because it might not go away until you speak life back into yourself.
- Ephesians 1: 15-19 Prayer: ‘But I do more than thank. I ask—ask the God of our Master, Jesus Christ, the God of glory—to make you intelligent and discerning in knowing him personally, your eyes focused and clear, so that you can see exactly what it is he is calling you to do, grasp the immensity of this glorious way of life he has for his followers, oh, the utter extravagance of his work in us who trust him—endless energy, boundless strength!’
- Serenity Prayer: ‘God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change; courage to change the things I can; and wisdom to know the difference.
- Hillsong – Desert song: ‘This is my prayer in the desert
When all that’s within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides’
- ‘The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart. And He saves those who are broken in spirit.’ Psalm 34:18
- You are strong. You are focused. You are determined
- Worshiping lifts your spirit. It takes your eyes off yourself and onto the one who created the world
- Dream Big. Make sure you have expectations and continue to praise God for them.
- Stress, worry, anxiety and anger can affect your health. Be sure to calm your soul
- Always do regular ‘heart checks’ as it’s so easy to get caught up with life and forget your priorities.
- ‘Create in me a pure heart, O God, and renew a steadfast spirit within me’ Psalm 51:10
- ‘The Lord is my strength and my shield;my heart trusts in him, and he helps me. My heart leaps for joy, and with my song I praise him.’ Psalm 28:7
- Read your Psalms. David’s heartfelt worship is example on how we should live. He would start some chapters by listing all his problems, enemies and struggles but by the end of the chapter he is praising God.
- Believe God has you in His hand and he can work all things out for your good. This includes heartaches and good times
- When your faith is low just remember the times God was there for you and receive strength
- It’s important that you love yourself. This means accepting your flaws and mistakes. Accepting where you are in life now and hoping to grow stronger
So that’s it. I hope this also helps inspire you on your journey. I would love to hear from you about some of your best scriptures and prayers.